Sunday, October 12, 2008

thanks for the Ulka rebuild post

Received on: [Mon 7/9/2007 5:54 AM]

I just tore my EP5 apart yesterday after my machine ran dry and failed to reboot. (I have it on a timer to come on before I wake and go off late AM each day. I inadvertently left the pump on before the timer went off the day before) Priming didn't fix it so I dug in. I found nearly the same as in your pictures except that the brass piece was plastic on mine. I found that if I put piece #3 in all the way, it wouldn't work, but if i backed it off a bit, it would work. Not knowing how to adjust it, I guessed and put it back together. Now I don't get as much pressure as before it malfunctioned, but it pumps. I suspect I just need to tighten #3 all the way in and prime the pump to make it better. I plan to try that as soon as I have some coffee and satisfy my wife's needs (coffee that is).
Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your great pictures and post. jeff

I'm in Northern Minnesota (Grand Marais- on the North Shore)

No comments: