Sunday, October 12, 2008

Starbuck Barista Repair

Received on: [Mon 8/21/2006 7:51 AM]

Hi Rod - thanks for your excellent webpage, it rules! Thanks to you, I think I am on the verge of repairing an old Rancilio Betsy I got for cheap at a garage sale.

In any case, I had the pump apart last night, but didn't try to get the little brass cartridge apart as my wife wanted me to stop fiddling around with the device. However, in taking the whole pump apart, I didn't note the orientation of the brass washer that goes between the big "springy pump" and the little brass cartridge (it has a convex and a concave side). I looked at it, and put it back in with the convex side towards the brass cartridge because it seemed I could match the wear on the concave side with the big spring; however, this really wasn't how I remembered it when I took it apart. Do you have any recollection of how this might go?

Thanks again Rod, hope to hear from you!

Chris Moser
Calgary, Canada

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same issue. There are three pieces that wrap the main pump and slide into the black cylinder (not shown in the walkthrough found here). Two are brass and one is plastic. You need to make sure the plastic piece is between the two metal pieces when put back into the cylinder/around the pump.

-T